[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox and Locker (Re: another tool to leave the cloud)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Dec 26 18:22:08 UTC 2011

I've been short of time for FreedomBox activities, but wanted to check in
regarding Locker.  As someone involved with both projects, I am very happy
to help answer questions and provide guidance with regard to Locker.  I'm
not very up to date on the current direction of FreedomBox, but if there is
a need for technology to harvest data from various web services, then Locker
could be very useful.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:07:59PM +0200, bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Appeared on planet.debian.org, some people are working on a tool
> called Locker that "collect all of my personal data, from wherever it is,
> into one place". It seems to be able to retrieve data from a lot of
> sources, like "Facebook, Twitter, Google, Foursquare, Github and dozens of
> other services".
>
> Source code: https://github.com/LockerProject/Locker
>
> Blog post on Planet Debian:
> http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2011/08/15/building-a-personal-data-locker/