[Freedombox-discuss] UX

Alistair Davidson alistair.l.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:25:03 UTC 2011

Andrew Schaaf <andrew at andrewschaaf.com> wrote:

> ...never ever ever store data using anything other than abstract NoSQL
> connections.

Sorry, could you explain what this means? "abstract nosql connection" found
nothing on google for me :/

> ...make it as easy as possible for a dev from the startup world to dive in.

Absolutely, 100%, agree - might expand that to other devs too. I'm fairly
easy about what tech is used, but I do think that it should be a technology
the FOSS community is familiar with - php, python and ruby would seem the
most obvious candidates. This is not the place to have a detailed "merits of
language x" flamewar, just concerned that Node might not have the same
developer-base as php/python/ruby/whatever and hence limit participation.

> ...have awesome UX.

Delighted to see someone else bring this up! I got no replies to my attempt
to provoke a UX discussion back in December - this might be a good time to
revive it? I'd hoped that if I rambled through a few aspects of it then
other people would be provoked to agree / disagree / build on what's there:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2010-December/000330.html

> ...be developed on GitHub (until we create a superior replacement :)

 Thumbs-up from me!

Alistair