[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Feb 26 18:08:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 05:35:16PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
>I have encountered some problem in compiling python stackless for a
>ARM device and at the moment I gave up.
>This means that for the freedombox "main target" devices the current
>netsukuku implementation will probably not fit.
>So for now I will not proceed in looking for a packager and maintainer
>of netsukuku in debian.
>Right now I am exploring other measures to deliver this mesh protocol
>to the masses.
>
>I will keep my eyes open on this project anyway, which I support very
>much.

That is sad news.  I notice that netsukuku have stirred quite an amount
of interest lately.

Are you aware that you need not necessarily solve everything yourself?
That you might benefit from working together with an existing pacaging
team in Debian which might have experience making Python libraries work
cross-arch or whatever is your specific stopgap here (no, please do not
start a discussion on the technical details at this list).  You might
even persuade someone else - a person or a team - to do that task of
packaging and maintainance of your code for Debian.

Good luck, whereever the future leads you,