[Freedombox-discuss] Promoting Freedom Box

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:33:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM, J David Eisenberg
<jdavid.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the text a lot. The image works nicely for the United States;
> outside the US, I'm not sure if it would make the instant connection..

I think that witty/clever slogans can definitely be a balanced part of
our daily marketing campaign. Riffing on the OP I'm thinking something
along the lines of:
  "This is a plug for Freedom.
  Continue reading inside the Box"

Or maybe:

"Some Boxes
  are closed.
    This Box is open.

  FreedomBox"

And yes, we'll definitely have to localize our slogans. Otherwise
we'll end up with hilarious stuff like:
"This is a free plug. Continue reading the box" or "Some boxes closed.
This field is open. Freedom Square"

(personally I would be very amused to have a shanzhai plug computer
with Engrish on it, but I think that market segment is rather small!)

--R