[Freedombox-discuss] Seeking Community Relations Facilitator

info at freedomboxfoundation.org info at freedomboxfoundation.org
Mon Feb 28 17:52:20 UTC 2011

Friends,

The FreedomBox Foundation is taking steps to put this project firmly
on its feet.  Step One is fostering the community conversation that
will steer this project to success.  Toward that end, we're hiring a
community relations facilitator.  Please make sure this ad reaches the
right people.

The FreedomBox Foundation seeks a motivated, talented,
freedom-obsessed individual to manage community and press relations
for the FreedomBox project.  Responsibilities will include
coordinating public and press outreach, organizing project events,
managing our social networking presences, and consistent messaging.

Prior experience in community relations, journalism, or PR is great,
especially in the free software community.  Previous experience with
social media is strongly preferred and we encourage you to submit
profile or other account names so we can see your previous work in the
medium and your facility with the current tools.  If the FreedomBox is
the most important thing you want to be doing with your time right
now, you are the person we want to talk to.

To maximize efficiency and financial resources, a successful candidate
will work for (and be paid by) both the FreedomBox Foundation and the
Software Freedom Law Center.

Please send resumes in an open file format (plain text preferred) to
press at freedomboxfoundation.org.  Salary will depend on experience and
time commitment.

Best regards,
James Vasile