[Freedombox-discuss] Relationship driven privacy

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sat Jul 2 16:08:44 UTC 2011

> Friendika's documentation makes a good point that all communications do not
> need to be reciprocal. Boy gives a girl his number allowing the girl to call
> him, but the boy cannot call the girl until she gives him permission(her
> number). I never thought of that use case.

Yes, I think it's important to be able to control who has access and
how much access to the material one publishes through one's freedombox
even if "who" is only known by pseudonym.

... and in my mind that extends to controlling even what the (real) ip
address of one's freedombox is because that would give the authorities
a method to identify one and our protester could be no more...

Tony