[Freedombox-discuss] [updates] FreedomBox Update

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jul 13 11:22:47 UTC 2011

On 11-07-12 at 09:19pm, James Vasile wrote:
> Jonas Smedegaard is a one-man packaging machine (I hear he'll be at
> DebConf too!), and that's a huge step.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I'll be at DebConf.  Earlier on I annouced differently due to my
lousy ability to handle money, but I later realized that DebConf is too
dear for me so I'll attend no matter that I cannot really afford it.

Latest packaging news is that Sipwitch has now entered Debian unstable,
and I am working with fellow Debian developers and upstream on weeding
out some bugs stalling it from progressing to testing.

Also, upstream RDF developers mentioned recently that my recent
packaging sprint of Perl RDF modules apparently will make it into next
Ubuntu release, easing upstream development, as many of them use Ubuntu
on their machines.  So even if years from appearing in Debian stable,
that packaging work already seem to benefit the progress of the larger
ecosystem (for those who, like me, believe semweb a.k.a. Linked Data is
essential to a user-friendly FreedomBox experience).