[Freedombox-discuss] VOIP application layer

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Jul 20 19:13:55 UTC 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 4:16 PM, FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net
  wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Marc Manthey - marc at let.de wrote:
>> <snip>
>> So why we need all this NAT /SIP/STUN / punching stuff ?
>>

> Then, how long has it taken major implementers, large Internet Service
> Providers (ISPs), large network companies, and national governments,
> to buy IPv6 equipment and place it into service?

In france one of the biggest ISPs (free.fr ) offers ipv6 for every
customer without any extra charge since years. http://ipv6pourtous.free.fr/rani/

Comcast has released source-code for the next-generation of IPv6
enabled home gateway device (a.k.a. home router).
This IPv6 solution is based on the  OpenWrt  platform.

www.comcast6.net/

http://sourceforge.net/p/dslite-6rd/home/

So i predict everyone has ipv6 before 2012 ends , so why we need ICE/
SIP and STUN in ipv6 when we have end-to end connectivity ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-to-end_principle

greetings

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231