[Freedombox-discuss] Mobile Freedom OS

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sat Jul 30 19:22:35 UTC 2011

there are "some" mobile ip solutions out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_IP

http://umip.linux-ipv6.org/

http://mip4.org/2004/implementations/

> I think it's a really good idea to venture that way, I've wanted a
> phone that would join a mesh-network and allow me to call out and
> receive calls and relay with my based picking up info and messages.

There was a swedish company called "TerraNet" who wanted to develop
peer to peer mobile calling

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/10081/terranet-peer-to-peer-free-mobile-calls

Terranet: Free Calls - Not with Ads, but With P2P
http://www.marketingvox.com/terranet-free-calls-not-with-ads-but-with-p2p-032968/

> > (hint: where are mobiles there are small boxes)

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231