[Freedombox-discuss] Erlang

William Gardella gardellawg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:16:37 UTC 2011

Matthew Evans <mattevans123 at hotmail.com>
writes:

> Hi List,

Hi Matthew!

[snip]

> I could, for example, imagine a chat server deployed by a person in a
> restrictive country. From the perspective of the chat server owner
> their service is running locally on their own Freedom box, however in
> actual fact it would be running on a Freedom box in another country.

Off the top of my head, ejabberd is a prominent, distributed
Erlang-based chat server project, and already in debian-stable.  It
could probably be used, e.g., to allow users on a wireless mesh network
in the censored country to reach a node of the jabber server, which
would then be connected to other nodes abroad via a VPN...