[Freedombox-discuss] Rouge Freedomboxes and government intervention

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Tue Jun 28 14:58:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 03:21:49PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 11-06-28 at 02:55pm, bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:

> > > Exactly.
> >
> > Well, I guess it depends on what "central logging of the activities of
> > the masses" means. First, there is no real "central" logging, no
> > unique big brother that the freedombox might want to defeat, but a lot
> > of different (from size to content) logging databases out there,
> > maintained by a lot of different actors.
>
> When logs are controlled by a single entity, for 1000 people posting
> microblogging entries and 1000 other people reading the posts and
> tagging some authors as interesting to "follow", I consider the logging
> "central".

Well, please read the rest of my previous email for an objection...

I fail to understand the thread model, I guess (even if I already did for
your definition of "central logging"). Your description doesn't address
the other "central" logging entities which are able to bring as many
informations, not to say more, about what you're talking about. Not sure
it's that easy to use this definition to separate implementation that are
not that unrelated, and even that evading "central logging" is that easy
to solve/implement.

bert.