[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Fri Mar 4 21:10:37 UTC 2011

[setting MFT to netsukuku list]

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 11:42:51PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> A port to another language would not be a huge effort per se.
> The choice on Stackless Python has been made mainly because it offers
> the ability to run tasklets, a sort of very light weight threads.
> The program can spawn a large number of them without suffering from
> big overhead on memory and cpu.

After looking at several distributed naming system designs, I
have come to the conclusion that Netsukuku's ANDNA is the only
viable extant option unless someone wants to rewrite I2P in
something other than Java.

However, it appears that it would be somewhat difficult to
get into Debian.  So I ask with extreme ignorance:

Could Netsukuku be used equally well with greenlet instead
of Stackless Python?

Could Netsukuku be used equally well with GNUTLS instead
of OpenSSL?