[Freedombox-discuss] Call to Participate

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Mar 9 17:04:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 03:59:20PM +0000, info at freedomboxfoundation.org wrote:
>Friends,
>
>The FreedomBox Foundation is just at the beginning of our efforts to
>collaborate with a worldwide community.  We need to speak to everybody,
>everywhere, in their native language.  That's why we're building
>translation into the project from the beginning.
>
>Today we are forming an internationalization team.  If you are
>interested in helping us free this project from a monolingual prison,
>email me.  We'll organize language-based groups to translate text and
>transcribe audio.  We'll facilitate communication among those groups
>for as much consistency as possible.
>
>People from several countries (most notably Germany) have volunteered
>to translate, and we need to develop a way to do translation
>systematically.  We also need many more people with more language
>skills, including English.
>
>So email the FreedomBox Foundation at <join at freedomboxfoundation.org>.
>Tell us what languages you can help with.  We'll put together teams.

Could you please elaborate some more on other parts of this than just
your seeking volunteers?

I am quite concerned whether this Foundation - still curious what it is
- wants to create its own technical structures or integrate with debian
resources or use Google, Ubuntu or other more or less commercial
resources.