[Freedombox-discuss] [ask] booting and configuring

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Mar 16 11:10:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:28:28AM +0000, Ian Dunlop wrote:
>First post to the list so hello to everyone involved in the project.

Welcome aboard!

>Totally agree with the push for 'normal' users.  A lot of FOSS projects
>cater for the non 'enthusiast' user as an afterthought and the results
>are often a bit unsatisfactory.  Initially build for the lowest common
>denominator.  Keep it simple.  Even things like the wiki have to hook
>in the interested but non techie passer by.
>
>Need a 'five reasons why you should care' page (if there isn't
>something similar already).

+1

No, I believe there is not currently such page.

Are you familiar with wikis? We use the Debian wiki, with our starting
page being this one: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox

Perhaps you would care to have a first go of writing such page?  Don't
be shy: Worst thing that might happen is that others find your attempt
too lousy and improve it - perhaps even rewrite it completely.  Point
then is that you did great by triggering others ;-)