[Freedombox-discuss] distributed DNS

Luka Marčetić paxcoder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:03:38 UTC 2011

On 03/15/2011 06:51 PM, Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson wrote:

> I actually think it is important that users have as much choice as
> possible - the more diversity the ecosystem has, the better.  This is
> not an argument against building our own dynamic DNS, so much as an
> argument FOR making sure Freedomboxes are interoperable with the
> current offerings - commercial, community, or otherwise. :-)

I think by virtue of being a Debian based system, FB automatically will
be compatible with the traditional/corporate way. FB should now focus on
creating a *new* way, a way for freedom. Given that, I think
(centralized) DNS has to be replaced(able).

Besides, corps tend to take care of themselves. And on a side note: I
don't count a choice to choose proprietary software over free software a
"freedom". :-)
--Luka Marčetić