[Freedombox-discuss] [ask] booting and configuring

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Mar 16 23:38:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 07:04:26PM -0400, Joseph Annino wrote:
>[...] use a usb dongle to automatically configure and pair [...]

Quite interesting.

Could it be relaxed to be a file, possibly on a USB device?

Reason I ask is that then not a desktop PC is required but many more
style computers, including various smartphones and diskless environments
might be usable as well - if only they were able to consume that file
and do with it what was necessary.

...and "do with it what was necessary" could perhaps be implemented in
JavaScript instead or in addition to those apps offered on that USB
stick, again to widen the usable computing environments to ones capable
of executing JavaScript - including most modern smartphones etc.