[Freedombox-discuss] [ask] booting and configuring

Joseph Annino joeaguy at joeaguy.com
Thu Mar 17 00:06:12 UTC 2011

Well, in the end it really would be just a file on a USB drive of any
sort.  Freedombox might include a small one so that you have everything
you need to get started.   However, you could for instance attach an
Android (or other OS) phone or tablet in USB drive mode, and then use an
app to configure things.

I am not sure how this could be done in Javascript with current
browsers, without having some kind of server involved.  Javascript can
read files, but not write them.  You can't use the freedombox, because
it won't be on the network yet, because the point of this whole process
is to get the initial network configuration to a headless box.