[Freedombox-discuss] Initial User Experience (was: Tor .onion domains)

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:29:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Yes, let's consider the persona Fei Fei.
>
> Please try describe the initial setup for the persona Fei Fei - if any
> different than for Jim!

Well, for one thing her English is not great, and she does not
know a lot about computers. Any explanations we give her, or
any questions we ask her, had better be very clearly written.

Her buddy Ting Ting, who would also like to use the system,
doesn't speak or read English at all.

Probably the way to deal with that is to concentrate on
building the box in English first, but try to avoid doing things
that would make multi-lingual support later hard, and making
some notes along the way about what needs translation
eventually. At some point, we'll probably need to put out
a call for translators, but not yet.