[Freedombox-discuss] "Promotion and Visual Identity"

Weaver weaver at riseup.net
Thu Nov 3 19:01:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:49:38 -0400
Deborah Nicholson <deb at eximiousproductions.com> wrote:

> > > If this is an example of the quality of your work, thank you for
> > > joining the project.  You just raised the value of the brand.
> >

> Absolutely! This is a very thorough style guide. I really like the
> colors and typography. The logo may need more workshopping. Sadly the
> first thing I think of when I see the butterfly is the MSN logo. We'd
> end up having a more conversations about how we haven't got anything
> to do with windows than we'd want.
>
> > The butterfly does convey freedom to a larger audience than a Gnu
> > > reference does.  Thank you for that suggestion.
> > > The butterfly does carry a notion of fragility which people should
> > > recognize is an intrinsic feature of Freedom.  Again, thank you.

I like the bumble bee, even though I haven't seen one in decades.
Are they officially recognised as extinct yet? I'll know the world is
going in the right direction when I see the next one.

I like the butterfly concept, but to remove it from negative
connotations that others have mentioned, perhaps we could have it on a
tsunami background or something that would convey 'the butterfly
effect'? If that could be achieved, it would be an image that would
match the aims of the project and then some.
Regards,

Weaver.
--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"