[Freedombox-discuss] An offer to the Freedombox community

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 13:31:51 UTC 2011

> From: Melvin Carvalho
> Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] An offer to the Freedombox community

> It's a valid point.  This reminds me of the 'cathedral vs the bazaar'
> approach of, release early, release often.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often
>
> I guess one question is: do you want to risk releasing something
> that's not fully secure, in an effort to get it out quickly?

The long answer is in my previous post --
http://joshuaspodek.com/freedomboxs-pursuit-perfection-undermines-goals.

The short answer is yes -- in fact, I believe the fastest path to
security is through releasing Free software, publicizing, not hiding,
its weaknesses.

As for "fully" secure, I'm not sure anyone can make that claim for any
software.