[Freedombox-discuss] Is FreedomBox interested in using Retroshare?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:16:05 UTC 2011

On 11 September 2011 23:37, drbob <drbob at lunamutt.com> wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
> I'm glad you've already had a chance to try out Retroshare.
> We've improved a bunch of things since last year, especially firewalled
> connections.
> The GUI remains a little bit "Retro"... hence the name ;)
> We hope to get a Web Interface in place - which should make Retroshare
> more suitable for mini-server based system like the freedombox
> As Keith pointed out, we build packages for both debian and ubuntu systems,
> though we are not officially part of the debian distribution...
> Is this important/essential for inclusion in the freedombox?

Been playing with this all morning.  Must say it's kind of got
awesome, since I last looked at it.

Since it integrates so well with GNOME keyring, it seems a very good
with freedom box, perhaps even a no brainer.

Some of the useful features:

- NAT busting
- GPG integration
- Secure Chat
- Forums
- Message system
- Secure sharing

I've set up a "Freedombox" forum for anyone else that wants to help testing

Definitely a +1 from me on this app!