[Freedombox-discuss] Identity Thief Gold Mines

FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net
Thu Sep 15 12:03:58 UTC 2011

Those wonderful folks the Entrepreneurs are creating some real
goldmines for the Identity Thieves:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/the-electronic-nails-in-the-post-offices-coffin-09082011.html
"once users give Manilla the credentials for their business accounts,"
"the digital mail providers have invested in the same level of
encryption and security that banks use."
I commented that banks have been hacked.

I find it ironic that Bloomberg Businessweek had an article explaining
how the Re-insurance companies (those that are the last resort) are
having a hard time keeping up with the exponentially increasing risk
in the modern world in the previous issue.  I wonder how many
Re-insurance companies will insure these start-ups against claims for
identity theft?  And we thought the Sony debacle was bad!

How do we get the word out that each individual already has the means
to control this on an individual basis?  All is needed is a white list
controlled mail server, unique mail addresses for each billing
correspondent, and, if you really want protection, a virtual machine
to track each account.  That would make each account a  very small
attack surface, even at home, where the virtual machines would be
kept.