[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox at Software Freedom Day

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Sep 21 22:41:50 UTC 2011

On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:21 PM, Yves L wrote:

> - Explaining the reason of the freedombox
> - Explaining the technology and hurdles discussed on this mailing
> list in layman's terms (the "Hi five" challenge to use mobile phone
> to  share GPG keys to a trusted friend, the reason current DNS is a
> problem, how to maintain contact with the "oldworld" internet, why
> email is problematic...)
> - Rebound on news items underlining the need for a freedombox
> - Syndicate news of other or similar project
> - live tweeter, facebook, identica feeds citing the project
> All while pointing to existing resources when already there (the
> speeches by eblen, the wiki, mailing list and so forth.)

great idea Yves

set up a wordpress/ drupal  for e.g. , get a nice theme http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress
  for a few bucks,

create some categories ,  hardware , software, requiredments, pro and
cons of related technologie, related actual tech news, pull the
content from the wiki in little pieces and present them in
categories , enhance with graphics and illustrations ( a picture say
ore then 100 words )
connect facebook / twitter/identi.ca  and youtube page/channel  http://www.facebook.com/freedomboxfoundation

I would go a step further so have a developer section linked to   http://www.redmine.org
  or  http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/ or http://trac.edgewall.org
  to have a centralisted repository / bug/issue tracker, because
people ask for software and packages, status
and so on....

Might set up http://shapado.com/ for question answer  and see what
people asked the most, add polls , surveys. in  short  make the whole
thing interactive like webpages are  in the 21th century.

Its like eben moglen said, all the pieces exist, they need to put
together.

greetings

Marc

> Regards
>
> Yves

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231
site: http://let.de
project : http://stattfernsehen.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast/
Buy me: http://on.let.de/BUYme

Please think about your responsibility towards our environment: Each
printed e-mail causes about 0.3 grams of CO2 per page.