[Freedombox-discuss] prosody vs ejabberd
kloschi at subsignal.org
Wed Sep 28 21:28:02 UTC 2011
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 15:17 -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> I could use input from people who have *actually used* prosody and/or
> ejabberd about your experiences and the resulting pros and cons of the
> two daemons.
I am using prosody since > 2yrs.
* It works very stable,
* is written in Lua (good for embedded systems and probably the language
of choice for another handful of things too).
* even if it might lack needed features we need, the developer is very
approachable and the community there in general *very* helpful
(exceptional even for FLOSS standards imho)
* e.g. buddycloud  floss based federated social web works with it
preferred (tho they support ejabberd as well)
* it comes with a debian repo from the developer
* prosody has numerous very stable core modules plus alot of
testing/beta modules which in general are very stable as well
just my 5 cents.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 665 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Freedombox-discuss