[Freedombox-discuss] prosody vs ejabberd

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Thu Sep 29 04:12:48 UTC 2011

El 28/09/11 11:41, Yellowbounder dijo:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM, k. <kloschi at subsignal.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 15:17 -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > > I could use input from people who have *actually used* prosody and/or
> > > ejabberd about your experiences and the resulting pros and cons of the
> > > two daemons.
> >
> > I am using prosody since > 2yrs.
> >
> > * It works very stable,
> > * is written in Lua (good for embedded systems and probably the language
> > of choice for another handful of things too).
> > * even if it might lack needed features we need, the developer is very
> > approachable and the community there in general *very* helpful
> > (exceptional even for FLOSS standards imho)
> > * e.g. buddycloud [1] floss based federated social web works with it
> > preferred (tho they support ejabberd as well)
> > * it comes with a debian repo from the developer
> > * prosody has numerous very stable core modules plus alot of
> > testing/beta modules which in general are very stable as well
> >
> > just my 5 cents.
> > kloschi
> >
> > I am using prosody for my own personal XMPP server right now, it's good to
> setup, and supports mostly anything you'd need out of an XMPP server,
> including XMPP components.

prosody here too, very little configuration needed, multiuser chat only needs
a subdomain and a single line of config, though i recently realized it doesn't
use tls for it :|

it may be general? http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#security

--
Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
omb:http://identi.ca/fauno

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org

"Freedom [...] is messy" ~ Eben Moglen