[Freedombox-discuss] Diaspora becoming a community project

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Aug 30 12:36:09 UTC 2012

On 12-08-30 at 12:54pm, Philip Hands wrote:
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> writes:
> > On 12-08-29 at 08:29am, Nick M. Daly wrote:
> >> Happily, [buddycloud is] already in Debian, which cuts the
> >> integration work in half :)
> >
> > NB! Buddycloud-server is in Debian, but needs Nodejs which the
> > release team have so far disapproved for Wheezy:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/684044

[tech details snippet]

> Both are in unstable ("sid"), so either you're defining "in Debian" as
> meaning in sid, in which case they both are, or you're talking about
> them being let into testing, in which case neither are.

What I mean with "in Debian" is that it (the server part of Buddycloud)
is packaged in .deb format, uploaded to the Debian archive, approved by
ftp-masters, and therefore what I call "officially packaged for Debian"
- i.e. available in either "Sid" or "experimental".

What I mean with "disapproved for Wheezy" is that it (the main
dependency of the server part of Buddycloud) is unfortunately not
currently part of the subset of "occifically packaged for Debian" parts
that is targeted the next upcoming stable distribution release of
Debian.

Sorry, I see how my choice of words was confusing (but I honestly am
surprised that _you_ got confused, both being a native english speaker
and a Debian developer).