[Freedombox-discuss] RELOAD / P2P SIP discussion - reSIProcate?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jan 7 14:19:49 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel (cc Freedombox list and gjasny)

On 12-01-07 at 12:30pm, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I understand that there has been some previous discussion here about
> P2P SIP
>
> reSIProcate provides a P2P module (shared library)
>
> I've recently adapted reSIProcate to build with autotools, which brings
> it much closer to working out-of-the-box on Debian
>
> There are some notes at the bottom of the RFP bug:

Sounds exciting!

> There was also another effort to package reSIProcate which seemed to
> stop here:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/07/msg00131.html

One obvious task is to _package_ the code for Debian.  But more
importantly is that someone needs to take the responsibility of ongoing
_maintainance_ of a packaging part of Debian officially.

If you, Daniel, are interested in not only packaging to work with Debian
but also maintain it (or anyone else for that matter), then I suggest
that you join the debian-voip team and use that as platform for your
work.  You need not be an official Debian Developer or Debian Maintainer
in order to participate in maintaining packages officially for Debian.

Working in a team (as opposed to seeking mentor) means you will be
hanging out with people interested in that same kind of tools, some of
which are Debian Developers that can do that tiny-but-important task of
signing the package and pushing it into the official Debian package
repository.

Kind regards,