[Freedombox-discuss] RELOAD / P2P SIP discussion - reSIProcate?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Sat Jan 7 15:38:34 UTC 2012

>> There was also another effort to package reSIProcate which seemed to
>> stop here:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/07/msg00131.html
>
> One obvious task is to _package_ the code for Debian.  But more
> importantly is that someone needs to take the responsibility of ongoing
> _maintainance_ of a packaging part of Debian officially.

I agree, I already maintain some packages for OpenCSW:

http://www.opencsw.org/maintainers/daniel/

and my reSIProcate branch already includes an initial control script for
Debian

The main reason for sharing this with the freedombox group is

a) the P2P stuff - it may actually need some more testing and direction
before becoming a mainstream package, and there is the potential for the
technical direction to be aligned with the overall freedombox project
objectives

b) some of the other stuff in reSIProcate (e.g. the SIP B2BUA code that
I contributed a while back) is quite appropriate for use in embedded
devices, while being a lot more lightweight than an alternative like
Asterisk