[Freedombox-discuss] RELOAD / P2P SIP discussion - reSIProcate?

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:24:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'd love to see reSIProcate packaged for Debian. Unfortunately I'm not
able to contribute anymore due to a signed non-competition clause.

Back in the time when I tried three things complicated packaging: The
use of the heavily patched ares library in contrib, the non-stable
ABI/ABI between releases, and the build system.

The ares case is fixed: I helped to push patches upstream and became the
co-maintainer of c-ares in Debian.

To fix the API/ABI problem I decided to package versioned packages like
for example boost does. Parts of my efforts are still available:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/resiprocate.git;a=summary
(repository uses topgit)

And with the autotools branch #3 seems to be tackled.

Thanks,
Gregor