[Freedombox-discuss] Need some help on UI - was: What Do You want to use the FreedomBox for?

Mathieu Jourdan mathieu.jourdan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:28:03 UTC 2012

Hi Nick,

2012/6/22 Nick M. Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com>:
> Mathieu, thanks for putting that together.  It's very pretty.  Have you
> been in touch with the Visual list at all, recently?  I'm sure they'd be
> interested in what you've done with Plinth.
>
>     http://lists.freedomboxfoundation.org/s/arc/visual

Thanks for your encouragement. I subscribed to this list a couple of
months ago, but I hoped to get this navbar working before discussing
further about visual aspect. I also suppose every subscriber of the
visual list reads this list to, so it would be visible anyway.

> Also, you're more than welcome to fork and make those changes in the
> Plinth templates:
>
>     https://github.com/jvasile/Plinth
>
>     https://github.com/NickDaly/plinth

By fork, do you suggest to create one more account then a third Plinth
repository on github? Isn't it preferable to push to existing
repositories, avoiding confusion to new contributors? By confusion, I
mean it's not easy to get a clear picture on what has been done if one
has to browse multiple repositories for the same piece of software.

Also, is it reasonable to encourage to give to centralized platforms
names and e-mail addresses, and accept their terms of service? I know
hosting code sounds harmless, its just about the principle.

> Yup, making Plinth *actually do stuff* is one of the beta-release goals.
> Probably something else we should tackle at the Hackfest:
>
>     http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hackfests/2
>
> Please add any additional ideas you have to the list.

I added two points in the Plinth section. I agree with people who said
on an other thread that the wiki is not suitable for bugs and feature
request tracking.

Regards,
Mathieu