[Freedombox-discuss] PHP Alternatives?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Jul 16 10:28:39 UTC 2012

On 12-07-15 at 12:37pm, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 12-07-14 at 10:53pm, bnewbold at robocracy.org wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, Nick M. Daly wrote:
> > >[Free alternatives to] RoundCube / SquirrelMail (webmail):
> > >
> > >   ???
> >
> > The (very minimal) NULL webmail client is written in C:
> > http://nullwebmail.sourceforge.net/webmail/
>
> Quite interesting!

...or after looking closer at it, not really so interesting IMO: it
interfaces with POP3 (IMAP support is experimental) :-(

> Please file an RFP or ITP [bugreport] about it and
> add an entry at [our wiki page] with link to that bugreport!
>
> [bugreport]: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1
>
> [our wiki page]: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud
>
> Right now - i.e. already in Debian (testing) - is CiderWebmail.

...but both my recommendations still stand:

  * If you find Nullwebmail relevant then please start the process of
    getting it packaged to Debian officially, as described above.
  * Please try CiderWebmail, and share your opinions of it.