[Freedombox-discuss] Two days left on your PageKite account ??

Matthias-Christian Ott ott at mirix.org
Sun Jun 24 21:33:59 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-24 22:49, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> That said, i'd like to point out that your concerns about provider
> control of your persistent address are *exactly* why we need a common
> naming scheme that doesn't encourage this kind of hierarchy.

For security you don't need to have this. Encryption and authentication
is performed end-to-end.

As far as I understand it, you can use PageKite with your own X.509
certificates and with Certificate Patrol this should be pretty good
security. PageKite can only stop to forward data, as any other internet
access provider can. So it don't see a real problem here.

Regards,
Matthias-Christian