[Freedombox-discuss] Government use but no government conspiracy

Rick Hodgin foxmuldrster at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 19:50:44 UTC 2012

No, I don't believe I naively believe that vPro and other such technologies are only being used as has been disclosed.  That's why I was so scared about the technology when I read about it.  I would argue that it would be an absolute impossibility (due to the ease with which one moves from A to B) that it was not moved beyond A (public disclosure of IT abilities) and into B (hidden stuff that governments / military can use).

No, I believe categorically that vPro is the most scary technology ever put into a general purpose computing device.  And if AMD has something similar, I'll be switching to VIA CPUs only, instead of a mixture of VIA and AMD CPUs in my machines.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin