[Freedombox-discuss] Without software collusion

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:11:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Rick Hodgin <foxmuldrster at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, while the data still comes over ethernet or WiFi, it is not further routed up the layer stack beyond the hardware medium layer itself.

Your understanding is incorrect.  While the vPro communication may
appear out of band to the receiving machine - because it's intercepted
by the hardware before the CPU is aware of it - to any other piece of
ethernet equipment on the wire, it's just an ethernet frame.  Like any
of the billion others they process routinely.

--tim