[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: <unlike-us> Good News For Spies and Dictators: 'FreedomBox' Is in Danger of an Early Death | Threat Level | Wired.com

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:28:43 UTC 2012

On 29 June 2012 21:03, Nick Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Markus Sabadello
> <markus.sabadello at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm :)
> >
> > Of course that's not true :)
>
> Well, it says something that I woke up, this morning, with this song
> going through my head, after reading the article yesterday:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk
>
> We're gonna need a montage!

"This video is not available in your country.
Sorry about that."

:)

But I know the song.

I dont think the articles says very much.  Seems almost like a hit piece.

Some thoughts:

- Freedombox is too good an idea to die, imho
- As time goes on hardware prices get cheaper.
- It's true extra developers (even one) can make a big difference
- Low hanging fruit sees a good idea

Deciding on a "Minimal Viable Product" seems a good idea.  There seems to
be lots of diverse opinion on this list, that require curation.  I think
Nick / Jonas / Daniel / James / Eben are on a good track.

I always think back to Eben's original speech.  "We need a web server, some
dyn dns, some PHP web parts, and connectors to your social nets".
Something like this in line with WebBox I think could be achievable by end
of year.