[Freedombox-discuss] New FBx Foundation Website Theme
mail at mray.de
Fri Mar 30 21:45:41 UTC 2012
Great to see the progress!
At this point it seems to me either roughly interpreted or not finished.
All in all I see you want to push more information to the upper part of
the page and changed quite much. What do you consider to be unfinished
at this point?
- I like the downscaling of the video to put it side by side.
- You also changed the background texture from the rough concrete to a
more gentle pattern. I think that works, too.
- you omit the rss and atom links and added an archive - how come the
- I forgot to mention that you need to have the font "Days One"
installed to successfully export the logo, i didn't outline it!
- the thin gray line works well as a separator replacement to the green
- you added a very strong footer. I like the open end at the bottom,
with a footer as strong as the header the page gets cramped. i would
stick to simple white space there
- you removed the gradient from the header and added a new, stronger one
to the less important background on the sides. That way you draw
attention to the wrong place flattening out the important parts and
bringing to life what should be "quiet"
- currently the menu evades the logo. this may be pragmatic but may not
work in other languages/more menu items and looks awkward because:
- you have four different vertical alignements! my mockup adheres to the
alignment of one vertical gridline (exception is the indented
video+text) along the logotype, the menu, the headlines, the paragraph
texts, the news separator and the footer. it is very important to give
the eye a clear guide where text usually starts.
- this is most probably a candidate for the "not finished" part: the
font color is still plain black (not dark gray) and text size and
line-height differs on many places where it shouldn't. the headlines
weight is way too strong, too. I'n no fan of underlined links, but if
you really need them add a light blue border-bottom instead of the
This was probably more feedback than you expected, but covers almost all
things that I see right now.
I can work them out in css if you want, but it seems to be a bad idea to
work against a moving target. So just give me a note when I should jump in.
More information about the Freedombox-discuss