[Freedombox-discuss] (no subject)

thinkmoore at hushmail.com thinkmoore at hushmail.com
Fri May 25 01:56:35 UTC 2012

Hi Nick,
I'm not as technically adept as you guys, so I hope I am not on the
wrong wavelength, but I will try to answer your question.
I want basically what James Vasile on the website said. I want to use
Freedombox for a more anonymous Internet experience without the hassle
of becoming too l33t.
- I want to have secure, anonymous voice/video/text conversations with
people (Skype-replacement).- I want to be altogether untraceable on
the Internet- I want to remove ads from my browsing experience- I want
to have the privacy of no one watching me when I don't want them to
be- I want to fileshare and download things anonymously- I want Tor,
Torrent, and Freedombox traffic to be indistinguishable from normal
traffic- I want to get around Internet censorship, such as DNS
blocking- I want to get around ISPs discriminating usage and
throttling users
- Avoid relying on ISPs and DNS altogether? O.o (Because they're
centralized)
I'm okay with having to, for example, plug it into a computer, or into
a wall on its own - or even better, both.
That's the main experience I want to get from using Freedombox.
Anything else would be cool too, but come second for me.
If this isn't the kind of response you're looking for, don't mind me
O:)
I'll be one of the first to buy this thing :)
- Thinkmoore