[Freedombox-discuss] corrupt FS inside image ? - Was: Re: FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.1021 Available

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 02:40:48 UTC 2012

Hi Olivier!  Thanks for trying it out.

Olivier Berger writes:

> Hi.
>
> Nick M. Daly writes:
>
>>   You can also install the image to your DreamPlug directly.
>
> I've tried and install the contents of the
> freedombox-unstable_2012.1021_dreamplug-armel-card.img image to a 4GB
> SD card, which was previously partitioned.
>
> I've tried using kpartx to locally mount the contents of the immage
> without success...

Just use dd.  See the "To Use It" section of FreedomMaker's README [0]
to load the image on to the DreamPlug's internal microSD card.  Without
a JTAG (to update the bootloader) it may not boot for you, generally.
If you're around Madison, New York, Seattle, DC, Germany, or Iceland,
folks can help you update the bootloader (asking nicely on the mailing
list might also help).

0: https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker/blob/master/README

If you don't have access to a JTAG some of the older images will boot
smoothly on the DreamPlug's default bootloader, but I don't recall which
image exactly broke it (I think it was one of the 2012.07* images?).
Other than the changes to Freedom-Maker proper, you'll be able to pull
in the rest of the changes by pulling from the upstream of the projects
living in /home/fbx.

What information here would be good to put in the weekly image's readme?

Nick