[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox and Bitcoin (and the petition)

Natanael Arndt arndtn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:01:31 UTC 2012

I don't know why BitCoin or Money in general should be somehow
integrated in the FreedomBox project? Furthermore I think BitCoin is no
good concept e.g. because of the huge amount of electricity just burned
to get some virtual money, as the "lottery" comparison says.

But I like the idea of Melvin to have a kind of exchange currency which
is backed by resources (CPU time, Space, ...) which can really help
other people instead of being wasted. There are enough real (not sha1
hashing) problems to be done.

By the whay: that is,what I first thought BitCoin would be when I heard
of it ;-)

Nate