[Freedombox-discuss] Hitting a wall with freedom-maker

Andreas Doerr me at andreasdoerr.de
Fri Jan 4 21:47:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just got my Dreamplug and wanted to build an FBX image using 'freedom-maker'. Unfortunately, I did run into a problem I do need help with.

My understanding is that while preparing the rootfs 'apt-get' will try to authenticate the packages that will be installed. During that stage I got the following error:

---

W: GPG error: http://http.debian.net wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY AED4B06F473041FA

[...]

E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
apt download failed. Exit value: 100
make: *** [rootfs-armel] Error 100

---

I tried to add the missing key manually using 'gpg' and 'apt-key add'. This didn't help. Looking into 'fbx-armel.conf' I see that the 'debian-archive-keyring' is required. This package is installed on my system. *HOWEVER*, I'm on Squeeze. So the 'debian-archive-keyring' package which is installed on my system is the one from Squeeze.

Could it be that 'freedom-maker' does expect the Wheezy 'debian-archive-keyring' package to be installed? If so, can both, the Squeeze and Wheezy 'debian-archive-keyring' packages coexist on one machine and how do I make that happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Andreas