[Freedombox-discuss] Is there a list of executables that are on the DP, part of what's shipped?

Jack Wilborn jkwilborn at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:04:39 UTC 2013

Guys (Girls if they are out there too!)  Since I created this abominable
thread I'm probably the best to advise my meaning.  My involvement in a
number of large software projects, and this is one, sort of, had pretty
specific items that were to be included in the final module.  Since I
noticed that there is a substantial amount of spaced used by the .gz files
under one of the man directories, I jumped to the conclusion that something
was there to use them.

Hence my question about what was the list of binaries (I used another term)
that will be shipped with the FB?  I erroneously assumed that somewhere a
list of software that we would assume to be on the end product.  If there
is not, how can we assume anything will be there?  We have lists of
libraries, are they really required or did they just dump a bunch of libs
on the thing to assume that would cover us?  And there is really no reason
that a front end could not do a man page in a GUI format, if they are not
out there now.  Maybe even something more comprehensive than what is
available now.

So Lee was correct, I was hoping to find a list of 'standard' programs,
which I would assume that man would be one of them since the biggest part
of the code (compressed man pages) seem to already be present.  Just need
to display it.  And what happens if the boot fails?  No CLI to try and fix
it, or is this a WIP (work in progress) for a 'GUI CLI'? ( is this an
oxymoron)?  I.E. a recover on failure mechanism?

Thanks all

Jack