[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Nov 25 10:59:03 UTC 2013

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2013-11-25 11:34:32)
> [Jonas Smedegaard]
> > I suggest to use either Postgres or SQLite backend, instead of
> > MySQL: Both of those support password-less access.
>
> I would love ot use either, but do you or anyone else have any idea
> how to convince owncloud to use it by default when installing it for
> the first time?

For Debian, package owncloud favors package owncloud-mysql over
owncloud-pgsql or owncloud-sqlite, so make sure to explicitly choose the
wanted backend package.

If Debian-packaged owncloud does not automatically use the backend
installed, and ask through debconf when multiple ones are installed, I'd
say that's a bug in the packaging - no matter upstream defaults.

I don't know if that's the case, since I don't use PHP-based
applications.