[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:48:22 UTC 2013

Den 25 nov 2013 12:00 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <dr at jones.dk>:

> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2013-11-25 11:34:32)
> > [Jonas Smedegaard]
> > > I suggest to use either Postgres or SQLite backend, instead of
> > > MySQL: Both of those support password-less access.

There are infrastructure in Debian for handling this for both MySQL,
postgress and other databases. I don't remember the package name right now.

> > I would love ot use either, but do you or anyone else have any idea
> > how to convince owncloud to use it by default when installing it for
> > the first time?

The package doesn't use the infrastructure to create users and databases
yet. They might want a patch for that.
As it is now, you have to create user and database yourself.

> For Debian, package owncloud favors package owncloud-mysql over
> owncloud-pgsql or owncloud-sqlite, so make sure to explicitly choose the
> wanted backend package.

Just install your preference database before installing, or in the cases of
owncloud, select the right packages. There are a owncloud-postgress in
testing.

> If Debian-packaged owncloud does not automatically use the backend
> installed, and ask through debconf when multiple ones are installed, I'd
> say that's a bug in the packaging - no matter upstream defaults.

Look at the package in Debian's package database...

> I don't know if that's the case, since I don't use PHP-based
> applications.

It isn't.

>  - Jonas

Anders J.