[Freedombox-discuss] Cozy, a personal cloud you can host, hack and delete

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Oct 23 16:09:57 UTC 2013

Hi Frank,

Quoting Frank Rousseau (2013-10-23 17:36:25)
> I would like to introduce you to Cozy, [...] a personal PaaS that is
> simple to use and allows everyone to host and build easily web
> applications that collaborate around their personal data.

Interesting!

> If you see some way we could join our force with the Freedom Box
> project, let us know we would be glad to work together!

Seems your project could benefit from being packaged for Debian instead
of bootstrapping via Fabric or Vagrant.

If packaged for Debian, and those packages becoming officially part of
Debian itself, Cozy can be considered for inclusion in Freedombox.

Nice starting point here: https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging

Also, looking at your diagram, it seems you might benefit from using
uWSGI in your "Cozy controller".  If it is a design decision of your to
only use scripted code (Python and Nodejs), then perhaps you should
document your reasons why (sorry if you did already and I simply missed
it in my brief skimming your project).

Good luck with your project, however you choose to proceed with it!