[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox mentioned on Slashdot

James Valleroy james.valleroy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:19:08 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Ian Sullivan
<sullivan at softwarefreedom.org> wrote:
> On 04/16/2014 03:53 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> [Ian Sullivan]
> I can work with that. Any other points anyone wants to add? What does
> the preview of Plinth actually let you do at the moment? Is the
> Tor-routing currently on (not acting as an exit node)? Is dnsmasq
> working as a local dhcp server?

Currently Plinth allows the user to:
1. Configure PageKite.
2. Install ownCloud.
3. Add XMPP accounts.
4. Some very basic system configuration.
5. Run diagnostics.

Tor is configured to run as a bridge with obfsproxy. It is not an exit
node. It isn't set up to automatically route other traffic through Tor
yet, but you can configure an application to use the SOCKS port.

dnsmasq and IP forwarding work as expected for clients on the LAN.
Privoxy works, but it also requires some browser configuration
currently.