[Freedombox-discuss] bin/partition-stick

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 17:28:53 UTC 2014

Markus>> Is there a reason why this is in Nick's "shiny" branch but not
Markus>> in "master"?  I always found this helpful to set up my USB
Markus>> stick.

James> I think the "master" has diverged quite a bit from "shiny". It no
James> longer copies files directly to a USB stick; instead it creates
James> the entire disk image that can be dd'ed to a USB stick or SD
James> card. ("make rootfs" and "make image" have both been removed as
James> targets from the Makefile.)

I should probably update Shiny from Master, as I don't think there are
many (any?) features unique to shiny any longer.  I think the USB stick
configuration was removed because it required users to manually edit
/etc/fstab.  That's difficult to explain and easy to screw up.  It's
simpler to explain the (much harder-to-screw-up) dd command.

Nick