[Freedombox-discuss] Per user temp directory using libpam-tmpdir?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Jun 14 07:52:52 UTC 2014

One nice way to isolate users a bit more from each other is to ensure
that each user but their temporary files in separate directories
instead of /tmp/.  This can be easily done in Debian by installing the
libpam-tmpdir package, and I believe we should do it in the freedombox.

It make it slightly harder to use su/sudo, as one might end up
inheriting a TMP/TMPDIR environment setting where one lack access, but
it is easily solved by remembering to changing how one call su/sudo.

Any objections?
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen