[Freedombox-discuss] Test if your freedombox is working as it should (testsuite)

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Mon Mar 17 23:28:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:29:45AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> The Freedombox got a test suite to check if servers and services are
> working as they should.  The code is in the freedombox-setup package,
> located in /usr/lib/freedombox/testsuite.  To test your installation,
> log in as root (currently password freedom - please change this), and
> run this command:
>
>   /usr/lib/freedombox/testsuite/check

This is what I get:

root at freedombox:~# /usr/lib/freedombox/testsuite/check
success: ./dns-server.test: DNS service is listening on domain/udp.
error: ./dns-server.test: DNSSEC is not enabled
objectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
success: ./ldap-server.test: ldap server on ldapi:// responded
success: ./plinth-server.test: Plinth service is listening on 8000/tcp.
error: ./plinth-server.test: HTTP access to http://freedombox/plinth/ did not work
success: ./web-proxy.test: privoxy service is listening on 8118/tcp.
success: ./xmpp-server.test: XMPP service is listening on xmpp-server/tcp.
root at freedombox:~#

So, anything that apparetly tried to go out doesn't work.  No mention of
tor.  Plinth did not work.

Looking into /usr/lib/freedombox/testsuite, there is no *.test file for
tor.

The machine on which the virtualbox is running is on a local network
(192.168.x.x) that is connected to the internet.  The ethernet
connection of the physical machine is identified by virtualbox without
complaints.  nslookup www.debian.org (from the root prompt) returns the
same data as if done from the physical machine, so the basic network
connection works.  Ping www.debian.org works.

Mmm... I just built this freedombox yesterday.  If features have been
added since, I suppose it's good news that it's progressing so fast...

Augustine