[Freedombox-discuss] Avahi

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Mar 20 10:35:44 UTC 2014

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I agree that avahi/mdns would be very useful, and will change
> freedombox-setup to pull in avahi-daemon, avahi-utils and libnss-mdns
> on the freedombox.

This is now in place, and freshly built images (or upgraded images)
will get avahi-daemon installed by default.

> With this in place, visiting <URL: http://freedombox.local/ > gave me
> the jwchat web interface. :)

And this work for a while, when using a virtual machine on my wheezy
laptop.  But just a few minutes after the freedombox was booted (or
avahi-daemon restarted), the freedombox.local mDNS name is no longer
known.  Anyone know what is going on here?

> Is Bonjour in Debian?  Is it the same as zeroconf?

Still wonder about this one. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen