[Freedombox-discuss] How to use JWChat on the freedombox?

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:07:47 UTC 2014

James Valleroy <james.valleroy at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
>>
>> You are right.  This actually work.  When I visit
>> http://<eth0-ip-on-freedombox/, I get the redirect to 403 Forbidden. If
>> I add fbx to /etc/hosts on my local machine and then access http://fbx/,
>> I get JWChat.
>
> One way to fix this is to comment out the port 80 vhost in the plinth
> apache configuration, and restart apache. So I would suggest splitting
> plinth.conf into 2 files:
> 1) plinth.conf for HTTP (does nothing but redirect to HTTPS).
> 2) plinth-ssl.conf for HTTPS.
>
> Then freedombox-setup can disable plinth.conf, since fbx.conf handles
> the redirect as well.

Should fbx.conf handle all these services by itself?  Can we use
Location directives to divide up the conf files further per service?  I
haven't done a lot of Apache config file frobbing, so I'm unclear how to
best support multiple services on the same port like this...

James, I've merged your patch (Plinth pull 63) for now, but maybe
there's an easier to manage way, somewhere?

Nick